Membership Terms and Conditions
Updated November 2020
The following Terms and Conditions apply if you are or become a Subscriber to any of the subscription packages offered by Versatile Vet Pty Ltd (Versatile Vet). By accessing our Web Site and materials available to you as a Subscriber, or viewing any of our materials available to you as a Subscriber, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Some of the Terms and Conditions here are repeated in the general Terms and Conditions that apply to anyone who uses our Web Site. In the event of any conflict between the general Terms and Conditions, these Membership Terms and Conditions shall take precedence.
- Caution - Veterinary Professionals
- Many of the videos on this website show veterinary skills and procedures that are restricted acts of Veterinary Science and may only be performed by registered veterinarians and in accordance with the relevant State and Federal laws of their country.
- The skills and procedures shown in these videos represent the preferred techniques of the presenting clinician for a particular clinical scenario. In Veterinary Science there are frequently several different techniques or approaches that may be considered for similar clinical presentations. Clinical decision making should be informed by formal veterinary education, clinical experience and the particular presenting case in the context of the State and Federal laws relating to the performance of veterinary services in a particular location.
- Veterinary professionals who use this site should consider their own level of qualifications and experience and seek assistance from experienced colleagues or refer to veterinary specialists rather than attempt any procedure shown on this site that is beyond their level of expertise.
You offer to subscribe by completing and submitting the Account Information, Billing Address and Payment Information above under this tab. If this is validly completed it will constitute an offer to Versatile Vet which will be capable of acceptance by the provision of access to the materials to the nominated user. Versatile Vet may decline an offer in its sole discretion without being obliged to provide a reason for declining.
- Term and Renewal
- The Subscription period shall be for a period of twelve (12) months unless otherwise agreed in writing and shall commence on the date that Versatile Vet provides access.
- Renewal of the Subscription will be subject to payment of the Subscription price for the following period of twelve months. We shall automatically renew your subscription for the following Subscription period after reminding you by email or other means of the renewal. Unless you notify us of your intention to cancel the Subscription in the manner set out in the reminder, we shall then deduct your Subscription price from the credit card that you have nominated for payment of your Subscription fee and we shall continue to do that for each following Subscription renewal until you notify us otherwise in accordance with this clause.
- We may change the Subscription price for any subsequent Subscription period by giving you notice at the time that we remind you of the renewal of the Subscription in accordance with the previous subclause.
- Versatile Vet shall be entitled to suspend or terminate the Subscription at any time during the Subscription Period (as to which see clause 6).
The Subscription price shall be payable by the Subscriber in accordance with the Payment Information provided by the Subscriber and access to the materials during the Subscription period or during any renewal of the Subscription period shall at all times be subject to that payment having been made, cleared for payment and not being subject to any refund under the terms of the credit card for which details are provided.
- Access and Use
Upon the commencement of the Subscription, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, Versatile Vet will grant to the Subscriber for its nominated users a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to access and to use the materials for the Subscription period. The Subscriber agrees:
- not to download nor to copy reproduce, make available online or electronically transmit, publish, adapt, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit in any other way any of the materials;
- not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Web Site or the materials;
- that a breach of these conditions will entitle Versatile Vet to immediately deny access and/or to terminate the Subscription.
Either of us may terminate this agreement at any time and for any reason. If Versatile Vet terminates we shall be entitled to notify you of termination by any reasonable means including by email. Following termination, we may deny you access to the Site and materials available to you as a former Subscriber. If we terminate this agreement, you will not be entitled to a refund of your current or past subscriptions.
- Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
- By using this Web Site and materials available to you as a Subscriber, you agree, without limitation or qualification, to be bound by, and to comply with, these Terms and Conditions and any other posted guidelines or rules applicable to the Web Site and materials available to you as a Subscriber. All such guidelines and rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the Terms and Conditions.
- Versatile Vet may vary or make changes to these Terms and Conditions at any time by sending a notice of the variation or change to the Subscriber. Your continued use of the Subscription and the materials shall be deemed acceptance of the variation or change.
- This Web Site and materials available to you as a Subscriber contain general information, audio and vision about veterinary conditions, procedures and treatments that are specific to the individual cases and situations portrayed. The information is not professional advice, and should not be relied on as such. All content found on this Site and materials available to you as a Subscriber including text, images, audio, or other formats were created for informational purposes only. None of the individual contributors, system operators, developers, sponsors of Versatile Vet, nor anyone else connected to Versatile Vet takes any responsibility for the results or consequences of any attempt to make use of any of the information presented on this Site and materials available to you as a Subscriber. Nothing on this Site and materials available to you as a Subscriber should be construed as an attempt to offer or render a veterinary opinion or otherwise as engaging in the practice of veterinary medicine.
- Versatile Vet makes no warranty or representation regarding, and does not endorse, any of the products or services advertised or displayed on the Site and materials available to you as a Subscriber, or featured in any video that is part of the materials offered by Versatile Vet.
- While we endeavour to keep these up to date and correct, the materials, including the videos, photographs and other information made available to you on this Web Site and materials available to you as a Subscriber may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. Versatile Vet does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the materials or the reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information displayed or distributed through the Site and materials available to you as a Subscriber. You acknowledge that any reliance on any such opinion, advice, statement, memorandum, or information shall be at your sole risk. Versatile Vet reserves the right at any time and without notice, in its sole discretion, to make changes and to correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the Site and materials available to you as a Subscriber. Before acting on any information provided, you should obtain professional advice where the information involves veterinary medicine or clinical procedures or otherwise.
- Specifically, and because of the different and unique circumstances involved, Versatile Vet does not warrant that:
- the veterinary information on this Web Site and materials available to you as a Subscriber will be always available, or be available at all; or
- the veterinary information on this Web Site and materials available to you as a Subscriber is complete, true, accurate, up-to-date, or non-misleading.
- Professional assistance and Education Credits
You must not rely on the information on this Web Site and materials available to you as a Subscriber as an alternative to veterinary advice from a qualified and experienced professional.
Offerings for continuing education credits, if available, will be clearly identified however accreditation and entitlements are not authorized nor guaranteed by Versatile Vet. You and the relevant educational institution are responsible for checking and approving the content and entitlements for this purpose.
Nothing in this disclaimer will limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law, or exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
- Limitations of Damages
In no event shall Versatile Vet be liable to any entity for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damages (including, without limitation, any lost profits, business interruption, loss of information or programs or other data on your information handling system) that are related to the use of, or the inability to use, the content, materials, and functions of the Site and materials available to you as a Subscriber or any linked Web Site and materials available to you as a Subscriber, even if Versatile Vet is expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Versatile Vet, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers and any third party information providers to the Service from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable legal fees, resulting from your use of the Site and materials available to you as a Subscriber and any violation of this Agreement by you.
- Third Party Sites and materials available to you as a Subscribers
As a convenience to you, Versatile Vet may provide, on this Site and in materials available to you as a Subscriber, links to Web Sites operated by other entities. If you use these Sites you will leave this Web Site. If you decide to visit any linked Site, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements. Versatile Vet makes no warranty or representation regarding, and does not endorse, any linked Web Site or the information appearing thereon or any of the products or services described thereon. Links do not imply that Versatile Vet or this Site’s sponsors, endorse, are affiliated or associated with, or are legally authorised to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol displayed in or accessible through the links.
- Intellectual Property
This Site and materials available to you as a Subscriber contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material is protected by Australian and international laws and may not be used in any manner other than as expressly permitted under these terms and conditions. Versatile Vet owns or is otherwise entitled to all Intellectual Property rights in the Site and materials available to you as a Subscriber and in the materials, and nothing in these terms and conditions constitutes a transfer of any Intellectual Property rights. Specifically, we own or are entitled to the rights in the copyright which subsists in all creative and literary works displayed in the Site and materials available to you as a Subscriber. Trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Site and materials available to you as a Subscriber are either ours or the trademarks of their respective owners and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission or the applicable trademark holders’ permission.